Monday, February 7, 2011

*Guest Book Love Letters





Since our wedding is a destination one, we are only having immediate family and a handful of close friends attend. I couldn't find a reason to have a "guest book", being that I know every single person that will go and I can tell you every name and address off of the top of my head.....(well, except for James and Rachel- they just moved and James must not know it yet, because he hasn't answered me.....and Salyna's Family......They have only been in pencil all of these years because of their nomadic ways....but now, since buying their first house....they are in pen!!).....okay, so I got off track there.....the guest book......

What do people do with a guest book after the wedding?? Is it for people with hundreds of guests who want to look in the book years later to see if so and so went to their wedding?? I don't get it! So.....I made a love letter book. I found a guest book that I loved for it's texture, size, design and color.....then I gutted it. I took out all "guest book" pages...... you know....... the pages and pages of lines for people to sign?!



I picked out loose pieces of card stock with different textures and colors. I had Joe use one of the "guest book" pages as a template and he cut the card stock to fit the book just like the original pages had. I punched the holes in all of them and made the new book.





I bought a box of 50 discounted "thank you" notes. I tore off the front half of the card that said "thank you" and threw them away. With the blank -back half, I used two different types of decorative scissors and cut around the edges to give it a more fun feel. Then I took a rubber stamper and two ink colors of the wedding and I stamped different patterns on all of the blah....blank -white envelopes that came in the "thank you" note set. After I finished stamping all of the envelopes, I used acid free, double-sided adhesive and I stuck them onto the pages that Joe had cut for me.



Now, everyone (all 30 people), can write a little note to us and put it inside an envelope and we have a true "Guest Book" of love letters from our nearest and dearest!! So when we want to look at our book in the future, we have sweet notes of love and encouragement from those who have made us who we are now.





No comments:

Post a Comment