Sunday, August 1, 2010

*Home Sweet Home


So, at some point I thought it was a great idea to take Ariel, our newly 15 year old daughter, on a cruise with my aunt and her two daughters. It was SO exciting........until I got ON the ship. =/ The yearning for Joe and the boys was IMMEDIATE and hit me hard. I cried like a baby, and called Joe to say goodbye.....5 times...

Do not get me wrong, this lovesick feeling of being away from them was not in the obsessive, co-dependant form...but rather, a bit puppy love, a bit BFF's being away from each other for the first time ever -with NO contact, and a bit maternal and wifely instinct that shit was going to hit the fan back at the house......

Well, everyone, even all of the pets, survived =) Ariel and I had a great time despite her seasickness and my missing Joe and my boys.





We tried things that we never thought we would........and we ALL accomplished new things. Ariel sang karaoke with her two cousins aboard the ship for a St Jude fundraiser.....







We tried escargot (ahhhhhhh....I knooooow)......swam with dolphins and rode on their belly.....





Ariel learned that she CAN stay with 4 other girls in one room and not lose her cool.......





I learned that I CAN allow myself some of life's enjoyments once in a while.....just because I have back problems, mom things to handle, and I freckle too easily- I DO deserve to have some fun and soak up the sun!! It just might take me longer to get there and more sunscreen to lather on.......






Joe learned that he, the boys and pets would survive without me......they might not like it and may lose a couple digits, but they'll survive.....





All in all, we all learned a little a lot!! Some just have more permanent memories from it.......






My heart is so full.........

1 comment: