Friday, February 1, 2013

* January 31, 2013




Ariel snapped a picture of me cuddling and resting with Jake........




She told me that I should stop, because he's getting used to being held and cuddled to sleep. And in years past, I would have said the same thing. In fact, I am pretty sure I have said that to people. I have learned something, and now......I try and keep this in mind - You will never look back on your kid's infancy and think to yourself, "Gee.....I wish I would have held them less....I wish I would have kissed them less.....I wish I would have cuddled them and told them I love them less." 

You just won't.....SO DON'T!

I do not like disorganization. AT ALL. And this morning, yet another revelation. The kids left papers and crayons and pencil shavings all over the kitchen and dining room when they left for school. I got irritated and started cleaning it all up. Then I stopped, shut my mouth, and listened. The house was silent......no noise....too quiet. And I thought about how so quickly.....they will be gone, this is what my house will sound like. It made me sad....and actually happy to see the scraps of paper and shavings....I'm thankful for them. 

So, for now......LEAVE IT!

Appreciate the occasional chaos, the never ending banter between siblings, the fight to get the Lego's off of the floor......just SMILE and BE THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment