Tuesday, December 14, 2010

*A Letter of Thanks.....





This holiday season, I think my 4 year old son's teachers deserve to know how I appreciate them with WORDS. I know that bath lotions and coffee mugs are great, but how better can you show gratitude than something in writing?! (And cc'd to the Principal of course).








What it says:


Dear Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Darby,                                                                  12-16-10






I want the two of you to know you are so appreciated by me. While I will not be able to convey just how much, I will state some reasons why:


You are selfless and I think, probably very often overlooked in the school. Children (not much older than toddlers), are brought to you and you are responsible for and entrusted to enrich them. YOU ARE SPECIAL!!Most can not open their milk or juice alone, tie their shoes or hold their bladders, many can not blow their nose or wipe themselves properly or even tell you exactly what they need or how they feel.....you are MIND READERS!! You somehow.....magically, make them loved and important enough in school that they don't kick and scream every morning upon arrival. You keep them engrossed, even though they have attention spans of a gnat. You are AMAZING!! You let us parents feel secure and hopeful when we leave our love, pride and fears with you. YOU ARE SUPERHEROES!!


I know that you are not thanked nearly enough. And I know that you do not take care of our children to be thanked. It is just YOU! It takes a very specific type of person to be able to do the things you do. You take these undisciplined, school-foreign, runny nosed, pants wetting, whiny, germy, stubborn, loving, kids......YOU MUST BE INSANE!


You open 20-ish milks/juices, zip 20-ish jackets and count heads more times in a day than you probably slept in hours last night. Yet, you find the time to make each one feel special. And I thank you! My child loves you and smiles SO BIG when he talks about you! THAT means the world to me.






Best Wishes,




Jennifer Paradise


cc: Linda Marr







If your child/children have a special teacher or teachers, that go above and beyond their "job-descriptions" and really love what they do (even though we have no idea how they could)......please tell them. Then tell the principal too =)

Thank you for being AMAZING, Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Darby!!



No comments:

Post a Comment