Monday, December 13, 2010

*My Secret Recipe (that I will share with only you)...














I have this recipe for Apple Bread and Muffins. I get loads of requests for me to make it for people. Sometimes a few loaves at a time. Each year, the orders are piling up more and more and to be honest, I just can't keep up. Sooooo, I have decided that I will share my recipe so that those that are able to bake for themselves can. I will continue to indulge those whom I know burn water. =)






2-ish Apples (I use Gala, Honeycrisp or Fugi)
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Oil
2 Eggs
1tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract (optional...but I love it)
1 1/2 cups Flour
1tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt


-Peel and finely chop apples to equal 1 1/2 cups. Set aside.

-Stir together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and almond extract in a large bowl.

-In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt then add this mixture to the sugar mixture. Stirring just until blended. (Batter will be stiff).

-Fold in apples.

For Bread:
-Pour in to greased 9x5 loaf pan and Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

For Muffins:
-Poor in to greased or lined muffin cups and Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. (They do not rise much, so you can fill the cup up)

I hope you enjoy as much as we all do! Let me know if you try this and what, if any, modifications you made to the recipe. I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment