Sunday, December 5, 2010

*Stress No More.....












You can get a quick fix for most anything these days.....it may not be the healthiest thing to do, but it will be quick. Hungry no more......Hot Flashes no more......Fat no more......you get the idea.  I have never been one to buy in to these things.....but if there were a 'Stress No More' - quick fix, I would have to really really refrain from jumping on the bandwagon and being one of the first 100 callers to order (and maybe even scoring a freebie too).

I know EVERYONE has stress.....even my children have their own forms of stress.....but for me.....right this second......my stress level is a tad out of control. Lawsuit filed......Holidays.....Illnesses in the family....my own permanent disabilities.....a grandma that needs extra care and I am 1700 Miles Away.....my Social Security Disability case up for review....... a 15 Year Old Daughter Starting to Drive...... Planning a wedding that is a little over 6 months and 1200 miles away......Training two dogs.....a Horrendous anxiety disorder...... Blah, Blah, Blah........

Anyways......my point to this is not to dwell on the stress, but to find ways to put my big girl panties on and deal with it.....without a quick fix. Lately (well, since the gas leak was fixed), I have been cooking and baking like crazy.....it is super comforting and a big distraction from the stress. The only problem is that I don't necessarily want to eat all of it.....so I give it away to people.....whether they want it or not. I am FORCING my baked goods upon people.....ha ha. I go through different phases, then circle back around....sometimes it is sewing, then I move on to logic problems, and lord......I think everyone stops talking to me and goes in to hiding when I am on my knitting kick.....I am afraid no one wants any more scarves or purses.....so I started donating all of them.

So here is my question to you.......

How do you handle, distract yourself from, and get through super stressful times? I could use some new ideas and my family .......they will be so so grateful for me to move on to something new to obsess over!

2 comments:

  1. My stress management level will come as a huge surprise. Wait for it----blogging. I know. I practically blew you over with surprise.;-)

    I'm worried about you though. That's too much for one person to have on their plate. I feel responsible for adding to your stress by not being the best at helping you with the wedding. From now on I'm putting on my *biggest- wedding-helper-on-the-planet* hat.

    heart you!

    P.S. that is an awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby.....I love you!! And your blogging helps me....because then I bake and cook the things you suggest....ha ha.....see how this works!!

    And my wedding planning stress is mostly self-induced....I am feeling like I HAVE to be a travel agent for everyone and I am bringing it upon myself. I am trying really really hard to curtail this ......like now!

    You are wonderful and I heart you to the moon and back!!

    ReplyDelete