Wednesday, December 15, 2010

*R.C.B.












Gone, but most definitely not forgotten. It has been nine LONG years, but somehow feels just like yesterday you were alive and well......and being.......you. Hanging out with us "kids" talking, waxing your car for the two thousand and third time that year, enjoying a cigar and singing Elton John's- Bennie and the Jets, to your Bennie Boo Boo, in the garage. Yelling at Tim for farting in the kitchen or for jumping off of the roof into the pool, having a tea party with Ariel, eating Cozy Shack Rice Pudding, or irritated because someone forgot to clean out the lint trap in the dryer.

Many people, love, miss, and think of you every single day. We wish you were still here to make so many more memories with. Thank you for being the man you were, for teaching us all the lessons you did, and for being one of the most entertaining men I have ever met. At that point in time, I did not have my father in my life........I had you.

My life right this second is what it is 100%, because of you.....not many people know this, but I am willing to share now......

 When you were ill and things started to seem bleak, I was crumbling inside. I wanted to keep my brave face on and be the one Marilyn, Ver and Tim could lean on. I had never in my life felt so overwhelmingly sorrowful. I was strong but I think you knew my secret. Answering the questions Ariel had was heart wrenching......you were her man =)  You held on for days more, and then one day in the hospital room, Tim and I decided to get fresh air and a bite to eat. You passed away about 5 minutes after he and I left. I think you knew we were a wreck. I felt helpless. I wanted to fix them all....their hurt......and anger. I went home that night just destroyed. I was lying on my bathroom floor crying all night and Teron, my boyfriend at the time, just watched TV. He did not have one ounce of sympathy, care, or compassion, that the woman he professed to love- was heartbroken. I decided right then.....that night.... to tell him I could not stay with him.

Less than two months later, I met Joe. The most thoughtful, passionate, giving person I had ever met. Aaaand.....he just ADORED Ariel. He did the silly things you would do and had no shame in doing her girlie little things either. So, out of your passing, I was able to gain this most wonderful, blessed life, with two little brothers for Ariel, that I would have never known had I not felt so heartbroken and alone. There was some sunshine after all of that gloom. Ariel and I miss and love you like crazy!! You will always be part of our lives~

A special song will be playing on my other blog....just for you and Bennie! =)
http://mymemoriesandsuch.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. Tears...life and death are so amazing and crappy all at the same time. xo
    abby

    ReplyDelete